Wednesday 29 June 2011

A good find

L'Oreal sent over some of their products for me to try out recently whilst I was doing the make up for a series of shoots for them. As a true make up junkie I am always excited to try new products especially from a brand that I wouldn't necessarily keep in my kit on a regular basis. In particular I love trying out new bases. I have a few favourites I always use that I will introduce you to, but in the meantime I have been really surprised and very impressed with one foundation that I want to quickly big up! Infallible by L'Oreal Paris.


It comes in packaging that is a little annoying for a make up artist but for a personal make up bag it is perfect. It has a soft brush attached to the top and the foundation squeezes (be careful its a little unpredictable) through ready for you to smooth over your skin. It does give a pretty heavy coverage, but for a night out, a special occasion or sparing use through the t-zone during the day its really a great product.


It is a very reasonable price I found it on line for £9.99 (about $16.00), but what I would say is that at the moment the colour selection isn't great so it is fairly limited as to who this may be suited to which is a real shame.



In other news. I am currently in the process of shooting some great "How To's" for you guys so I can finally start filling up my tips and tricks section in the top of the page! I always get asked how to do what I consider to be the very basics of great make up so I figured "the basics" will be a great place to start.

Have you made a great chemist (drugstore) product discovery recently?

5 comments:

  1. I bought this last week and absolutely love it! It goes on a dream and blends in really well. Would absolutely recommend it. Also discovered High Beam by Benefit after getting one free with Glamour magazine - it's a new favourite :)
    ~el

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I'm always looking for good products that wont cost me a fortune, and I've got to say, this looks awesome!

    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, it will prove a great purchase, please, let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like the perfect addition to my makeup bag! Must get it. Cme visit us at www.bot and read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really great. I always have such a hard time finding the perfect foundation.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete